Complaints & Other Feedback

We are committed to providing high-quality customer services. We value complaints and use information from them to help us improve our services. If something goes wrong or you are not happy with the service we provide, please let us know.

Please tell us if:

  • There is a delay in responding to your requests
  • We fail to provide a service
  • You are dissatisfied with one of our policies
  • You feel a member of staff has treated you unfairly or you have been discriminated against
  • We fail to follow proper procedure

There are some things we can’t deal with through our complaints procedure.

These include the following:

  • A routine first-time request for a service (for example, reporting a repair or a case of antisocial behaviour for the first time).
  • Requests for compensation
  • Complaints about our policies and procedures that have a separate right of appeal. For example, of you are not satisfied with the level of priority you have been given when applying for housing, you may have the right to appeal against the decision.
  • Issues that are being dealt with in court or have already been heard by a court or a tribunal.
  • An attempt to reopen a closed complaint or have a complaint reconsidered if we have already given you our final decision following stage 2 of our complaints procedure. If you are not satisfied, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman for an independent review of your complaint.

You can make a complaint in person, in writing, by email, by phone, through our website or by filling out the form in our ‘Making a complaint’ leaflet.

When complaining, tell us:

  • Your full name, address and preferred contact details;
  • As much as you can about the complaint;
  • What has gone wrong; and
  • How you want us to deal with the matter

Once we have received your complaint we aim to respond within five working days.

If you are not satisfied with our response you can ask us to look at it again. This means we will carry out a detailed investigation into your complaint and will have 20 working days to do so.

If you are still dissatisfied with our response or the way we handled your complaint you have the option to go to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO). You can contact them by emailing or calling 0800 377 7330.

Care Inspectorate
If your complaint relates to a housing support service we provide, you can choose whether to complain to us or the Care Inspectorate.

Reporting A Significant Performance Failure
The Scottish Housing Regulator can consider issues raised about ‘significant performance failures’.

A significant performance failure is when a landlord fails to do something they should have, or takes actions that puts tenants’ interests at risk. It will normally relate to the landlord’s failure to meet their legal requirements or responsibilities to a tenant, and it will affect many or all of the landlord’s tenants. An example of this would be if a landlord fails to carry out health and safety requirements, such as the yearly gas-safety checks. A complaint between an individual tenant and a landlord is not a significant performance failure.

If you think we have committed a significant performance failure, you should report it to us first to give us a chance to fix the problem through our complaints procedure. If we do not deal with the failure or if we agree to do something but nothing happens, you can report us to the Scottish Housing Regulator. You can contact them by going to or phoning 0141 271 3810

Comments & Compliments
We always welcome suggestions and comments on how we can improve our services. We also want to hear from you if you are happy with the service you have received so we know where we are doing well.